December 12, 2014 • Vol. XXXVII, No. 22
Jay McClendon holds newborn son Finn, while Crystal McLendon gets close to Santa with son Cody at Bites on Broadway on Dec.7. Elise Giordano
Top Stories (not yet posted)
• Gateway project to require extra $221,000 for new drilling team after plans fall through.
•Board of Appeals grants National Historical Park’s variance request
• Public Safety Facility committee discusses design with contractors.
SHOW BUSINESS - Harrison Zalit plays the piano during a Christmas concert in the NPS auditorium. Elise Giordano
• BOROUGH DIGEST: Assembly postpones discussing AIDEA lease;Gateway RFP Issued ;Finance Committee puts Rec Center expansion on hold, discusses pool ; Requested funding for Harbor Facility; Clinic approved to hire benefits specialist .
• SPORTS & REC.: Panthers lose to Metlakatla and Wrangell at regionals; Wrestling team competes with only two in Haines; Robotics team prepares for Juneau Jamboree.
Next issue is December 24, 2014 (deadline: Dec. 17).
• Skaguay Alaskan 2014 Visitor Guide advertising rates & info (pdf)Alaskans distributed by our Newsies daily to the cruise ships and at locations all over Skagway and the region. You can link to the Alaskan's list of local attractions and more at the bottom of this page. Look for our new book of Alaskan historical features and photos, Skagway: City of the New Century. Call 907-983-2354 or email us if you want an ad in the 2015 Alaskan. Rates will be posted in January 2015.
Annual Subscriptions Outside Skagway and Dyea: $45 second class Alaska, Canada's Yukon, and Lower 48 (slowest method) - $55 first class anywhere in North America (fastest method) - $65 first class elsewhere worldwide. Local subscriptions (Skagway PO Boxes) are $30. To subscribe, call 907-983-2354 with your address and credit card information, or mail a check to The Skagway News, PO Box 498, Skagway, AK 99840.
Single copy price of The Skagway News is now $1.50 retail. Add another $2 for postage if all you want is a single issue mailed to you.