December 24, 2014 • Vol. XXXVII, No. 23
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Santa Claus waves to excited children and adults as the White Pass & Yukon Route train approaches on Dec. 13. The Santa Train filled 14 train cars with a record breaking 590 people, more than 100 from last year.. Elise Giordano
Top Stories (now posted)
• Thought Bots win Juneau Jamboree.
•Water now free of coliforms, safe to drink.
• Man indicted with tampering with witness after arrest in October on assault charges.
• Board of Appeals denies Raptor tour in Liarsville subdivision.
CAROL OF THE BELLS- Christmas carolers line the street while singing carols to select homes throughout town on Dec. 17. Elise Giordano
• BOROUGH DIGEST: Assembly says no to paying extra $221,000 for new core drilling team ;Assembly sends back AIDEA lease with changes ; Port Commission recommends the adoption of AIDEA lease; Senior Ad Hoc committee gives the go for feasibility study; Trapping resolution removed from agenda.
• SPORTS & REC.: Basketball teams prepare for a season of rebuilding skills
Next issue is January 23, 2015 (deadline: Jan. 19).
• Skaguay Alaskan 2015 Visitor Guide advertising rates & info (coming soon)Alaskans distributed by our Newsies daily to the cruise ships and at locations all over Skagway and the region. You can link to the Alaskan's list of local attractions and more at the bottom of this page. Look for our new book of Alaskan historical features and photos, Skagway: City of the New Century. Call 907-983-2354 or email us if you want an ad in the 2015 Alaskan. Rates will be posted in January 2015.
Annual Subscriptions Outside Skagway and Dyea: $45 second class Alaska, Canada's Yukon, and Lower 48 (slowest method) - $55 first class anywhere in North America (fastest method) - $65 first class elsewhere worldwide. Local subscriptions (Skagway PO Boxes) are $30. To subscribe, call 907-983-2354 with your address and credit card information, or mail a check to The Skagway News, PO Box 498, Skagway, AK 99840.
Single copy price of The Skagway News is $1.50 retail. Add another $2 for postage if all you want is a single issue mailed to you.