The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the following positions: Port Director, Harbor Groundskeeper, Museum Assistant, Groundskeeper, Refuse Collector/Incinerator Technician, Heavy Equipment Operator, Medical Assistant, Dispensary Technician, Office Assistant and Emergency Responder. Applicants must submit a completed employment application form to the borough office by email at email@example.com. The Skagway employment application and job announcements are available on the Municipality website, www.skagway.org.
FOOD BANK DONATIONS WELCOME. Donations may be sent to the Food Bank, PO Box 200, Skagway, AK 99840. The local Food Bank helps those in need with groceries. If you need assistance, or know anyone who needs assistance, at any time of year, call any pastor or 907-612-0313.
NEW hours for Free COVID 19 tests.
Tues/Thurs 4:30 to 7PM
The current result turnaround time is 1-2 days
Sat 10-2pm (closed on 6/26th)
11th and broadway behind STC next to the garage See online for more information
For time sensitive appointments outside of open hours call STC during business hours 8-4pm M-F 907-983-4068
For results please call the COVID hotline at 1-907-966-8799
The Alaska Court System is interested in acquiring information regarding the availability of existing or new leased space to accommodate court functions in the Skagway area. The space must meet the following criteria:
2. Must provide at least 1000 contiguous square feet of net usable space for offices, and other support spaces on one floor of a building.
3. Must be able to provide a minimum nine-foot ceiling.
4. Must be able to provide 2 parking spaces by the building and adequate on or off-street parking to accommodate the public and jurors within one block of the building.
5. Meet all applicable codes and the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility guidelines.
6. Provide all utilities, including electricity, heat, water, sewer and refuse pickup.
7. Provide all services, such as: janitorial and snow removal.
If interested, and you meet the above criteria; please respond in writing no later than December 10, 2020. Written responses must address each of the criteria items listed above and include a contact name and address for the respondent as well as the physical address for the space offered.
There is no intent to award a contract for lease space as a direct result of information received from this solicitation. No prices are required in response to this Request for Information. A subsequent Invitation to Bid may be issued to obtain a contract for the lease space. This Request for Information does not obligate the court system to award a contract nor to pay any costs incurred in preparation of a response to this Request for Information. Respondent names and addresses will be kept on file for any future Invitations to Bid.